Jewel Hospitality Fact Sheet
Frequently Asked Questions and Important Dates to Know
Dates to Know
- To secure your event date, we require the facility fee and a signed copy of the Scope of Services.
- Event menu and beverages must be finalized 30 days prior.
- Final guest count is due 7 business days prior to your event date.
- Children 11 and under will be charged at half price. Children 2 and under will not be charged (buffet only).
- 50% of your food and beverage minimum is due 4 months prior to your event date.
- Final event payment is due 5 business days prior to event date.
- Exact date of rehearsal will be given to the client 30 days prior to event.
- Plated Meals: Entrée count for each item and table assignments are due 72 hours before event time. Place cards with entrée indicators are required.
What the Rental Fee Includes
- The Ballard Bay Club and the Canal's rental fee includes the use of the facility, as well as:
- Tables, chairs, standard floor length linens, linen napkins, votive candles, China, flatware, glassware, and parking.
- Rental fee for the Great Hall includes only the use of the facility.
Food and Beverage
- All beer, wine, and hard alcohol is provided by Jewel.
- No shots are allowed.
- Kindly inform guests that IDs are required for bar service.
Décor and Vendors
- 5 tea lights will be provided for each dining table.
- 3 tea lights will be provided for each cocktail table.
- Candles may be brought in, but must be in a hurricane glass container or one that is higher than the wick.
- No freestanding flame is allowed in the facility or the surrounding area.
- The Ballard Bay Club and the Canal provide 60 inch round tables that seat 8-10 people.
- The Ballard Bay Club provides white linens.
- The Canal provides ivory linens.
- Specialty linens and table runners can be rented through Jewel Hospitality if requested.
- All rentals must go through Jewel Hospitality.
- Example: Linens, flatware, glassware, etc.
- Client and vendors may not enter the facility earlier than the designated rental time.
- 2 hours for the Ballard Bay Club and the Canal.
- 3 hours for the Great Hall.
- Additional early access hours are permitted, given availability, and are charged at the rate of $28.00 per hour.
All vendors with the exception of the photographer, entertainment, and floral will be provided by Jewel Hospitality. Other exceptions will be solely at the discretion of Jewel Hospitality, and setup/handling surcharge may apply.
All vendors must be approved prior to event, and a list of preferred vendors can be provided.
All adjustments to the facility, including but not limited to opening windows, adjusting temperature settings, and positioning of equipment are the sole responsibility of the facility staff.
- Rice, confetti, birdseed, sparklers, or real flower petals may NOT be thrown on any part of the facility unless approved.
- Decorations may not be secured to the facility with staples, nails, or tape including gaffers tape.
- All decorations must be approved prior to the event.
- No balloons are allowed in the facility.
- Pets are NOT allowed into any of the Jewel Hospitality venues.
- All decorations and personal items must be removed at the conclusion of the event.
- Our facilities and events are non-smoking except for designated areas.